This workshop explores US history, systems of racial oppression and how to interrupt these systems. Breakfast and Lunch included.
About this Event
6 CLOCK HOURS AVAILABLE
“Unpacking and Interrupting Systems of Racial Oppression”
• To become familiar with the terms we use, as we talk about race and racism.
• To understand the impact of “othering.”
• To become familiar with the context in which we live: historical, institutional and structural.
• To develop an analysis of “white dominant culture.”
• To define implicit bias and understand how implicit bias impacts our decisions and behaviors.
• To understand the importance of becoming vigilant in noticing and recognizing our own implicit bias.